Emergency Snow Routes
When a Snow Route Emergency is declared, certain roads on campus must remain open for emergency vehicle use. All vehicles parked along these five roads (parallel and diagonal) must be removed or they will be towed at owner's expense:
- Washington Street: between Kent Street and Duck Pond Drive
- Kent Street: between Washington Street and Drillfield Drive
- South Drillfield Drive: between Kent Street and West Campus Drive (both sides of the road)
- Beamer Way: between Washington Street and Southgate Drive.
- Alumni Mall inbound lane only (the outbound lane will remain unaffected)
When a Snow Route Emergency is declared, the information is shared with the community via Virginia Tech News and temporary signs and barricades are placed to prevent drivers from being able to park in the areas listed above.
As soon as the snow is cleared off of the emergency route, the Snow Route Emergency is typically lifted and the signage and barricades are removed as a signal to motorists that parking conditions have returned to normal operating status.