April 15-17, 2022 Parking Details and Impacts
To accommodate the increased volume of vehicular traffic on the Blacksburg campus for the multitude of events during the weekend of April 15, 2022, the following parking and traffic changes will be in place.
For Football Spring Game parking and transportation information, please visit HokieSports.com. Pre-and post-game traffic patterns will be in effect.
Parking passes, Run in Remembrance packet pickup
Friday, April 15, 2022
Paying a fee for visitor parking and visitor passes will be required throughout the Blacksburg campus on Friday, April 15, except in the following lots beginning at 5 p.m.:
- Chicken Hill
- Parking Services
- Environmental Health and Safety
These lots will be available for university members retrieving their 3.2-Mile Run in Remembrance packets at the Rec Sports facility on Beamer Way.
April 15-16: Where to park; road and parking impacts
Friday, April 15, 2022
- Stadium Lot; Drillfield Drive; Lot 1/Coliseum; Washington Street: Vehicles can leave, but no new cars can park in the Stadium Lot, on the north side of Drillfield Drive, along Washington Street, and in Lot 1/Coliseum beginning at 5 p.m.
- Where to park: Public parking available for retrieving run packets (without payment of the parking fee): Chicken Hill, Parking Services, and Environmental Health and Safety Lots.
- All vehicles must be removed from the Stadium Lot.
- All vehicles must be removed from Lot 1/Coliseum.
- All vehicles must be removed from Drillfield Drive (buses will still run).
- Lot 4/Track-Fieldhouse will be closed for parking.
Saturday, April 16, 2022
On Saturday, April 16, 2022, parking on the Blacksburg campus in regular parking spaces will not require a daily fee payment or a parking pass. Please note that lots designated as 24-hour restricted, as well as metered, ADA, and state/service vehicle spots, will be enforced. Please pay special attention to the parking reminders highlighted on in-lot signage, as some lots must be cleared to accommodate weekend events.
- Where to park: Public parking available for race and weekend events in Lot 2/Stadium; Chicken Hill Lot; Perry Street Garage; North End Center Garage. Lot 3/Maintenance Lot is reserved for ADA parking.
9 a.m. - race route closures:
- Drillfield Drive.
- Beamer Way closed (all day until post-football game) from Washington Street to Southgate Drive/Lots 2/4.
- Duck Pond Drive from West Campus Drive to the Perry Street Lot entrance along West Campus Drive.
- Kent Street (from Washington Street to Drillfield Drive).
- Oak Lane closes (no entrance or exit until after 10:30 a.m.).
- Stanger Street from the Burruss Service Drive to Drillfield Drive.
- West Campus Drive (from the Inn at Virginia Tech south to Washington Street).
- The Stadium Lot will be open for public parking at 9 a.m.
Where to park: Duck Pond Drive Lot/The Cage; Lot 8/Litton-Reaves; Lot 2/Stadium; Chicken Hill Lot; Perry Street Garage; North End Center Garage. Lot 3/Maintenance Lot is reserved for ADA parking.
Lot 1/Coliseum reopens.
Sunday, April 17
Lots to open; follow all posted signs for regulations.
The community is encouraged to take advantage of alternative transportation to travel to and from April 15-17, 2022 events, including Blacksburg Transit. Visit Blacksburg Transit's website for the latest service updates and route information.
Friday, April 15
- No buses on the north side of the Drillfield after 5 p.m.
- Buses run on the south side of the Drillfield up to 11 p.m.
Saturday, Friday, April 16
- No buses will run on the north side of the Drillfield all day.
- Buses will run on the south side of the Drillfield after the run until 7 p.m.
- Instead of circling around the Drillfield, buses will enter campus on Alumni Mall, u-turn near Torgersen Bridge, and then exit campus on Alumni Mall.