Safety Tips for Scooter Riders
Important Scooter Safety Reminders:
- First-time riders are strongly encouraged to watch the How to Spin Safe video;
- Riders should follow all safety prompts within the Spin app;
- Helmets should always be worn when riding scooters;
- Don’t wear headphones, earbuds, or use cellphones while riding;
- Don't bob and weave through traffic;
- Don’t ride scooters while under the influence of alcohol;
- Announce your presence when riding near pedestrians;
- Avoid slippery, wet surfaces;
- Scooters will be removed from campus in the evenings and in advance of high-traffic events, including move-in weekend, home football games, and commencement; and
- Scooter access will be determined by the Virginia Tech Police Department chief, assistant vice president, emergency management, and the vice president for Operations and is subject to change.
Got an e-scooter safety question where the answer isn't listed above? Email firstname.lastname@example.org so the Alternative Transportation Department can help.