- Bicycling is allowed on all paved surfaces, grass, and other designated routes.
- When operating on roadways, bicyclists must observe all rules applicable to moving vehicles.
- Bicyclists must obey all traffic regulations; i.e., lights, stop signs, signals, etc.
- When operating on shared–use pathways, bicyclists must yield to pedestrians.
- Virginia state law requires a rear reflector and a headlight when riding at night.
- Virginia state law prohibits the use of headphones or earphones in both ears when operating a bicycle.
Here is the offical Virgina Tech Bicycle Policy
Here is a comparison of policy between Virginia Tech and the Town of Blacksburg
Here are the laws for bicycling in the state of Virginia