- Bicycling is allowed on all paved surfaces, grass, and other designated routes.
- When operating on roadways, people on bicycles must observe all rules applicable to motor vehicles.
- People on bicycles must obey all traffic regulations (traffic signals, stop signs, etc.).
- When operating on shared–use paths, people on bicycles must yield to pedestrians.
- Virginia state law requires a rear reflector and a headlight when riding at night.
- Virginia state law prohibits the use of headphones or earbuds in both ears when operating a bicycle.
Virgina Tech Bicycle Policy
Virginia Tech and Town of Blacksburg policy comparison
Virginia bicycling laws