We are having our first Smart Cycling Class in conjunction with Earth Week!
Location: Hokie Bike Hub (1330 Perry St. Blacksburg, VA 24061)
Time: April 23rd 2019 from 5:30pm-7:00pm
- This class is intended for riders who know how to ride a bike, and are looking for advice on how to operate it safely on public streets.
- This session is structured to give participants education and experience navigating different traffic patterns, intersection layouts, and types of bike infrastructure.
- We encourage people to put their newly learned skills to use! The instructor will be available after the class, along with Roam NRV bikes to try out!
For more infromation contact us at email@example.com or 540-231-2116
The Alternative Transportation Department promotes and encourages bicycling, walking, vanpooling, carpooling, car sharing, and transit use for local, regional, and out of state travel. Close coordination with partners provide a robust array of travel options and resources, targeted at reducing single occupancy vehicle reliance on campus.
The university’s programs include:
- Hokie Bike Hub
- Heads Up Hokies
- Employee Vanpool
- Virginia Tech Shuttles
- Resources For Long-Distance Travel
- RIDE Solutions
- Commuter Alternative Program (parking permit programs for those relying on alternative modes of transportation).
The university has earned recognition as a Bronze-level Bicycle Friendly University status from the League of American Bicyclists, through its efforts in these programs. As well as a Best Workplaces for Commuters, “Best Of the Best” award in the university category.